Magnificent Nepal and Bhutan (Luxury Gold - Summer 2017)
About Kathmandu, Nepal
- Kathmandu: Join your Travelling Concierge for a Welcome Reception and dinner at a local restaurant.
- Paro: Try your hand at cooking some local Bhutanese delicacies in our cooking demonstration with a local chef. See if you can handle the hot red chillies or perhaps the local Bhutanese cheese would be more to your taste?
- Kathmandu: The mouth-watering Celebration Dinner with drinks features the best of Nepalese cuisine.
- 9 Buffet Breakfasts (BB), 2 Lunches (L), 1 Afternoon tea (AT), 2 Highlight Dinners (HD) and 1 Restaurant Dinner (RD); plus 1 Welcome Dinner (WD) and 1 Celebration Dinner (CD) both with wine, beer and soft drinks. 21 Dec: This departures has a Christmas Highlight Dinner included.
- Kathmandu: Ride by rickshaw through the bustling streets of the Thamel district.
- Paro: Join a leisurely hike to Taktshang Monastery known as the Tiger's Nest. The hike will take about five hours round-trip, so it's a good idea to bring comfortable clothing and appropriate footwear.
- Paro: Have VIP treatment at a special traditional mask dance and cultural show. A key way that Bhutanese people pass on their social values to the next generation, this show includes a spectrum of entertainment bringing elements of folk, song, music all in ornate costumes and masks.
- Ta Dzong: Visit Bhutan's National Museum to see the impressive collection of art and relics.
- Thimpu: Sightseeing with a Local Expert includes the National Library, Zorig Chusum (Arts and Crafts School), Textile and Folk Heritage Museum, National Memorial Chorten and Tasichhodzong, the fortress of the glorious religion.
- Thimphu: The Dhensa Boutique Resort sits in lush Punakha Valley and offers spectacular views.
You will visit the following 2 places:
Bhutan, sometimes called ''The Forbidden Kingdom'', is a landlocked country in South Asia at the eastern end of the Himalayas. It is a unique country both culturally and environmentally. Bhutan's landscape ranges from subtropical plains in the south to the sub-alpine Himalayan heights in the north, where some peaks exceed 7,000 metres (23,000 ft). Besides the stunning natural scenery, the enduring image of the country for most visitors is the strong sense of culture and tradition that binds the kingdom and clearly distinguishes it from its larger neighbours.
Nepal is a sovereign state located in South Asia. It is a landlocked country located along the Himalayas and bordered to the north by China and to the south, east, and west by India. Here is the right place for the adventurous, especially those who's a fond of hiking - it has eight of the world's ten tallest mountains, including the highest point on Earth, Mount Everest (Himalayas Mountains). Wherever you go though, warm smiles will be there to greet you; Nepalese people are amongst the friendliest in the world and it’s not uncommon to be invited into a stranger’s home for tea!