Jewels of Alaska and Cruise Inside Stateroom (Summer 2017)
About Vancouver, British Columbia
ADDITIONAL INCLUDED HIGHLIGHTS
- Anchorage: Enjoy a guided orientation tour of the downtown area.
- Denali National Park: See Mt. Denali.
AUTHENTIC REGIONAL FLAVOURS
- Anchorage: Enjoy a Highlight Dinner at MUSE, located in the Anchorage Museum.
- Denali: A night of fun, festivity and food. Get a taste of old-time Alaska at a boisterous theatre dinner.
- Girdwood: Enjoy an exclusive lunch and a chance to meet the dogs of a champion dog musher.
- Mount Alyeska: Enjoy a Celebration Dinner featuring a variety of local seafood specialities with wine and newfound friends.
- 1 Welcome Dinner (WD), 6 Full Breakfasts (FB), 1 lunch (L), 1 Highlight Lunch (HL), 1 Highlight Dinner (HD), 1 Signature Evening (SE) and 1 Celebration Dinner (CD) Included on-board Holland America Glacier Discovery Cruise:* 7 Full Breakfasts (FB), 6 Lunches (L) and 7 Dinners (D)
- Anchorage: Expand your understanding of Alaska's first people with a private presentation at the renowned Alaska Native Heritage Center.
- Anchorage: In much of Alaska, where large distances separate towns and the road system is limited, bush planes are a part of everyday life. Visit the largest float plane base in the world and meet one of the experienced pilots.
- Alaskan Railroad: Relax on this flagship train and enjoy stunning scenery all the way to Denali National Park.
- Denali: Learn about the National Park's wildlife and ecosystem accompanied by a local climber.
- Girdwood: Ride a gondola to the top of the ski area for panoramic views of the mountains and Cook Inlet.
- Prince William Sound: Experience the sounds of the thundering calving of glaciers on your included day cruise.
- Seward: Visit the aquarium and learn about the wildlife rescue efforts with a reseacher of the Alaska SeaLife Center.
STAY AT THE BEST ADDRESSES
- Anchorage: The Sheraton Hotel and Spa simply boasts the finest lodging in the city.
- Denali: The Grande Denali Lodge offers panoramic views of the entire canyon.
- Alyeska: The luxurious Hotel Alyeska is nestled in a lush valley surrounded by mountain peaks, hanging glaciers and spectacular ocean views.
You will visit the following 2 places:
Canada is a sovereign state in the northern part of North America. Canada's long and complex relationship with the United States has had a significant impact on its economy and culture. It is one of the world's most ethnically diverse and multicultural nations, the product of large-scale immigration from many countries. Its advanced economy is the eleventh largest in the world, relying chiefly upon its abundant natural resources and well-developed international trade networks. It is rich of natural resources, home to 41 national parks and hundreds of provincial parks. It ranks among the highest in international measurements of government transparency, civil liberties, quality of life, economic freedom, and education.
Alaska is a U.S. state situated in the northwest extremity of the Americas. With landscapes that stretch out seemingly to infinity, it is known for its dramatic, diverse terrain of wide-open spaces, mountains and forests, with abundant wildlife and many small towns. Alaska was viewed as a frozen wasteland, not realizing it would turn out to be one of the United States' richest resources for gold and oil. It took until 1959 for the territory to become a State of the Union. For lovers of nature, few places exhilarate like Alaska!