Best of Britain (Winter 2018-19)
About United Kingdom
Additional Included Highlights
- Stratford: Appreciate the architecture of this pretty town. York: See York Minster, the city walls and the medieval Shambles. Borders: See part of Hadrian’s Wall and Jedburgh Abbey ruins. St Andrews: Visit the university town and see the golf course. Pitlochry: Stop in this Victorian resort town, famous for its salmon leap. Loch Ness: Drive along the shores in search of the monster. Glasgow: Enjoy an orientation drive passing the civic buildings and St Mungo's Cathedral
- Lake District: Learn about the life of the poet William Wordsworth and visit his grave in Grasmere. Ludlow: See the walls of the castle and Jacobean buildings
- Cardiff: See the sights on your orientation of the city. Bath: Witness the town’s fine Georgian architecture. Scenic Drives: Grampian Mountains, Glencoe, Loch Lomond, English Lake District, Severn Bridge, Welsh Marshes.
- Devon: Savour an unforgettable Celebration Dinner at The Riverford Field Kitchen who believe 'great food tastes even better when you enjoy it with other people'. Join your Travel Director and newfound friends for the ultimate Farm-to-Table dining experience with mouthwatering meals prepared from organic seasonal produce, freshly-picked from the surrounding fields, and of course served with a glass of wine.
- Dining Summary: 8 Buffet Breakfasts (BB), 1 Dinner (D) and 2 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Edinburgh: Walk with a Local Expert within the walls of the majestic castle perched on its rock, to view the Scottish Crown Jewels, Stone of Destiny and Mons Meg.
Top Rated Highlights
- Stratford: To see or not to see? Visit the timber-framed building where Shakespeare was born and grew up.
- Grasmere: Learn about the life of the poet William Wordsworth and visit his grave.
- Bath: Visit the ancient Roman Baths with its colonnaded pool filled by natural thermal springs.
- Stonehenge: Visit the mysterious circle of upright stones, which stands as strong today as it did 3,500 years ago.
- Edinburgh: A hush descends and eyes turn to the castle. The skirl of the pipes rises and drums crack the night air as a tide of tunics and tartan flood from the drawbridge. For a limited time in August, witness the incredible spectacle of the Edinburgh Military Tattoo.
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.