Spanish Heritage (Preview 2018)
About Barcelona, Spain
ADDITIONAL INCLUDED HIGHLIGHTS
- Barcelona: Enjoy a walking tour with a local expert through the old lanes and squares of the Gothic Quarter. Drive down the elegant Passeig de Gràcia to witness some of the finest modernist architecture.
- Peñíscola: See the castle featured in the film El Cid.
- Valencia: See the ultra-modern Centre of Arts and Sciences and the huge City Gates of Serranos and Quart.
- Seville: Visit the beautiful Plaza de España in Seville's Maria Luisa Park. Enjoy a walking tour of the Santa Cruz Quarter with its pretty squares and flower-decked balconies. Emerge by the walls of the Alcazar.
- Cordoba: Spend some time in the old Jewish Quarter.
- Madrid: Your guided tour shows you the statue of Don Quixote in the Plaza de España, Royal Palace, Gran Via, Cibeles Fountain, Parliament and Puerta del Sol.
- Scenic drives: Cross the Sierra Nevada, Plains of La Mancha.
AUTHENTIC REGIONAL FLAVOURS
- Valencia: Learn the authentic recipe of paella in a fun cookery demonstration and savour the flavours of this classic dish for dinner, washed down with a glass of Sangria!
- Seville: Over dinner with wine, the stage suddenly erupts with the unmistakable singing, clapping and throbbing guitars of flamenco.
- Madrid: Honest culinary traditions and a fiesta of fresh ingredients are the hallmarks of your Madrid Celebration Dinner. The perfect accompaniment to good conversation and a chilled glass of beer or wine.
- 17 Buffet Breakfasts (BB); plus 1 Welcome Dinner (WD), 2 Signature Evenings (SE), 3 three-course table d’hôte Dinners (DW) and 2 Celebration Dinners (CD) all with wine, plus tea or coffee.
- Barcelona: A Local Expert will take you inside Gaudi's extraordinary masterpiece, the Sagrada Familia Basilica.
- Granada: Visit the Alhambra Palace with an Expert, an arabesque fantasy in stone, complemented by the gardens of the Generalife.
- Seville: Step inside the impressive cathedral, past the altarpiece, dripping with gold, to the Tomb of Columbus, held aloft by four kings.
- Cordoba: See the Roman Bridge and with a Local Expert, explore the Mezquita. With its forest of horseshoe arches, this fascinating building symbolises many of Cordoba's religious changes over the centuries.
- Madrid: Study the world's finest collection of Spanish paintings, plus an impressive foreign collection, as you tour the Prado Museum with an expert art historian.
STAY AT THE BEST ADDRESSES
- Barcelona: The Melia Barcelona Sarrià is a luxurious hotel located in the heart of the city. Facilities include a fitness centre, restaurant, café, lounge and bar.
- Valencia: The Barceló Valencia hotel is situated right in the centre of the 'City of Arts and Sciences', opposite the Queen Sofia Palace of Arts, a building which was designed by the renowned architect Santiago Calatrava and is situated in one of the most modern and attractive areas of the city.
- Madrid: Located on Madrid’s most chic avenue, the Hotel Hesperia Madrid is a centrally located, modern hotel offering comfortable and contemporary rooms.
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.