Grand Tour of Italy and Sicily (Preview 2018)
About Palermo, Italy
ADDITIONAL INCLUDED HIGHLIGHTS
- Rome: Enjoy a private guided tour of St. Peter's Basilica.
- Pisa: See the Cathedral, Baptistery and ‘Leaning Tower.
- Italian Lakes: Join us in the social ritual of ‘La Passeggiata'.
- Verona: See the Roman Arena and Juliet's balcony.
- Venice: Cruise to St. Mark's Square by private launch. See St. Mark's Basilica, bell tower, clock tower, Doges' Palace and Bridge of Sighs.
- Florence: During your guided walking tour, see the Cathedral, belltower, ‘Gates of Paradise' on the Baptistery and visit Signoria Square. Witness a leather-work demonstration.
- Sorrento: See an‘Intarsio' demonstration.
- Taormina: Visit the courtyard of Palazzo Corvaja and stroll along Corso Umberto to Piazza IX Aprile.
- Palermo: See Quattro Canti Square. Visit Palermo Cathedral.
AUTHENTIC REGIONAL FLAVOURS
- Alberobello: Stop at a cellar for a local insight into the robust wines of the region with tasting.
- Sorrento: Choose from a fine selection of restaurants on your Dine-Around evening.
- Palermo: Enjoy an unforgettable Celebration Dinner of delicious local cuisine, wine and music.
- 16 Buffet Breakfasts (BB); plus 1 Welcome Dinner (WD), 5 three-course table d’hôte Dinners (DW), 1 Dine-Around (DA) and 1 Celebration Dinner (CD) all with wine, plus tea or coffee.
- Rome: Be among the select few to gain VIP access to the Vatican Museums, see the Bramante Staircase and Michelangelo's ceiling in the Sistine Chapel.
- Rome: Sightsee the local way with a leisurely passeggiata through the backstreets, where a friend in Rome will explain how modern life takes place around ancient treasures.
- Cinque Terre: Spend time at this picturesque UNESCO World Heritage listed Site with a Local Expert.
- Portofino: Get a taste of the ‘sweet life' in this elegant fishing village and cruise to Santa Margherita.
- Venice: Delight in the unique magic as you are serenaded through the atmospheric canals by gondola.
- Florence: Visit the Accademia Museum with a Local Expert to see Michelangelo's masterpiece, David.
- Pompeii: Walk with a Local Expert through the cobbled streets of this ill-fated town, frozen in time since the 1st century.
- Isle of Capri: Cruise to this famous isle to meet your Local Expert and enjoy a ride by open-top taxi.
- Matera: Visit the famous ‘Sassi' or cave dwellings, which were home to about 20,000 people until 1950.
- Taormina: Set on a cliff, open to the sky, take your seats in the ancient Greek theatre and absorb the view through the crumbling arches to snowy Mount Etna.
- Palermo: Standing in the Palatine chapel, get up close to some of the finest examples of Norman art.
STAY AT THE BEST ADDRESSES
- Rome: Located in the heart of Rome, the luxurious Romanico Palace Hotel offers easy access to all the historical sites of the Eternal City.
- Alberobello: The signature La Chiusa di Chietri hotel is a perfect place to relax and enjoy the scenic surroundings.
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.