Sicily in Depth (Summer 2018)
About Catania, Italy
Additional Included Highlights
- Syracuse: Explore the ancient streets and delightful squares of in the Old City of Ortygia.
- Ragusa: See the famous Baroque buildings and churches.
- Erice: Explore the quiet alleys of this ancient walled town, as if you've stepped into the Middle Ages. See the medieval churches and marvel at the sea views from the gardens of the Castle of Venus.
- Cefalu: See the cathedral, built to fulfil a vow, walk to the medieval stone fountain in the old fishermen’s quarter, find the Gothic arch of the Porta Marina and see the harbour.
- Taormina Riviera: Should you awake early, you may see why this is known as 'The Dawn Coast of Europe.'
Top Rated Highlights
- Catania: During an exploration with your Local Expert see the Duomo, Piazza and the noble buildings of Palazzo Senatorio.
- Syracuse: Walk through the gardens of Paradise Quarry, listen to the acoustics in the mysterious Ear of Dionysius and visit the Greek theatre.
- Agrigento: Crowning a ridge at the Valley of the Temples is the magnificent remains of the Greek colony Akragas. Join your Local Expert for a walk to the Temples of Juno, Concorde and Hercules, some of the best-preserved Greek temples in the world.
- Monreale: The sombre exterior of the cathedral at Monreale gives away few clues to the riches inside. Step into a world where the walls glitter with 12th century mosaics, the best of their kind in the world.
- Palermo: Discover the Sicilian capital with your Local Expert. See Teatro Massimo, the Quattro Canti Square and the Fountain of Shame. View the composite architectural styles of the Palermo Cathedral and visit the Palatine Chapel, showcasing some of the finest examples of Norman art.
- Taormina Riviera: Explore this fascinating place with your Local Expert. Visit the Greek Theatre, see Palazzo Corvaja and wander Corso Umberto to admire the views from Piazza IX Aprile.
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.