Spain & Portugal in Style (Luxury Gold - Summer 2017)
About Madrid, Spain
ADDITIONAL INCLUDED HIGHLIGHTS
- Barcelona: Enjoy a walk with a Local Expert through the old lanes of the Gothic Quarter. Drive down the elegant Passeig de Gracia to take in the some of the city's daring Modernist architecture.
- Costa Dorada: Explore the lanes and white-walled cottages.
- Cordoba: Spend some time in the labyrinthine old Jewish Quarter.
- Seville: Visit the beautiful Plaza de España in Seville's Maria Louisa Park. Enjoy a walking tour of the Santa Cruz Quarter with its pretty squares and flower-decked balconies.
- Emerge by the walls of the Alcazar.
- Lisbon: Visit the Belem Quarter, see the Monument to the Discoveries and the Belem Tower.
- Sintra: Visit this beautiful hilltop town.
- Evora: Explore this UNESCO listed town.
- Madrid: See the Cibeles Fountain, Cervantes Monument and Royal Palace. .
- Granada: In the evening, from a restaurant overlooking the magnificent Alhambra Palace, enjoy a memorable night drinking great local wine and tasting a variety of local dishes.
- Seville: For your Dine-Around evening, enjoy small group dining with mouth-watering menus at a selection of local restaurants.
- Seville: Be seated for an intimate dining experience where flamenco guitar and voice is paired with the raw emotion, colour and rhythmic expression of dance.
- Seville: Explore the flavours of Andalusia with a market tour and Spanish cooking experience. Creating some of Spain's most popular dishes which you can then enjoy for lunch.
- Lisbon: Visit the fishing port of Cacilhas for your Highlight Dinner, enjoying flavours of the sea and accompanied by local wines during your first evening on Portuguese shores.
- Lisbon: During a visit to a pastelaria, where the Portuguese 'Pasteis de Belem' was born, sample this famous custard tart, which is still made to its original secret recipe.
- Evora: In an old refectory, set in a former Jesuit retreat, enjoy a delicious wine tasting.
- Madrid: An evening you won't forget at the Michelin starred Álbora bar and restaurant, where you can enjoy well-prepared and meticulously presented cuisine in a stylish modern setting.
- 12 Buffet Breakfasts (BB); plus 1 Welcome Dinner (WD), 2 Restaurant Dinners (RD), 1 Dine-Around Evening (DA), 2 Highlight Dinners (HD), 1 Highlight Lunch (HL) and 1 Michelin Celebration Dinner (MCD) all with wine, plus tea or coffee.
- Barcelona: Enjoy exclusive behind-the-scenes access to Barcelona's Liceu Opera house and attend a reception at its private members club, Circulo del Liceo.
- Barcelona: Once inside Gaudi's amazing Sagrada Familia look up - it's like nothing else in the world.
- Granada: Join a Local Expert at the exquisite Alhambra Palace, complemented by the scented Generalife Gardens.
- Cordoba: Explore the amazing Mezquita, walking through it's forest of horseshoe-shaped arches and pillars to the Christian cathedral within.
- Seville: From the Moorish Patio de los Naranjos, step inside the cathedral with a Local Expert to see the main chapel and the altarpiece - dripping with gold, and then head to the Tomb of Columbus.
- Seville: Perhaps the best way to appreciate this city is by a romantic horse drawn carriage ride through the streets.
- Lisbon: Visit to the Monastery of the Hieronymites with its beautiful Manueline architecture.
- Merida: Famous for its Roman ruins, Mérida is full of history and ancient architecture. Marvel at the well-preserved Roman Theatre.
- Madrid: An art historian will provide an in-depth look at Spain's finest collection of paintings at the Prado Museum.
- Valencia: The Westin Valencia is perfectly located in ���the city centre, in a quiet area next to Paseo de la Alameda, with a warm and relaxing atmosphere in American art-deco style.
- Madrid: The Westin Palace is located in the centre of Madrid, within walking distance of the most prestigious museums of the city, such as Thyssen Museum and the Prado Museum. The iconic "Palace" is the ideal hotel in Madrid to enjoy the sights, the shops and the popular gastronomy of the Spanish capital.
- Seville: Located in the heart of the city, Seville's Gran Meliá Colón combines historical features with contemporary touches to create warmth and elegance.
- Lisbon: Located in Terreiro do Paço, a historic part of the city, the Pousada de Lisboa is a boutique hotel offering elegantly decorated guest rooms in a classic style.
You will visit the following 2 places:
Spain – one of Europe’s most top travel destinations for its fantastic beaches, islands, UNESCO World Heritage sites, stunning and diverse countryside, buzzing nightlife, delicious cuisine and world-famous fiestas! The country is a friendly, multicultural society dedicated to building curious minds, positive attitudes and creative spirits. With great beaches, fun nightlife, many cultural regions and historic cities, Spain makes a great destination for any kind of trip.
Portugal is a southern European country on the Iberian Peninsula, bordering Spain and the Atlantic Ocean. It has a rich, unique culture, lively cities and beautiful countryside. Its rolling interior is perfect for exploring on foot, by kayak, by bike or even on horseback – though a large part of the country’s charm comes from languorous days on the beach, dining on fabulously fresh seafood and kicking back with a beer to watch the sunset over the Atlantic. It is also a developed country with an advanced economy, a high living standard, being also the 11th most peaceful country in the world.