Splendours of Egypt (Winter 2018-19)
About Cairo, Egypt
Additional Included Highlights
- Cairo: Sightseeing includes sweeping vies over the city from the Citadel and a visit to the Great Alabaster Mosque.
- Memphis: See the statue of Rameses II along with the Alabaster Sphinx.
- Sakkara: View the oldest pyramid in the world, the Step Pyramid of Zoser I, existing for over 4,500 years.
- Karnak: Walk the avenue of ram-headed sphinxes, see the of Rameses II and the Hypostyle Hall.
- Edfu: Explore the Temple of Horus.
- Aswan: Visit the High Dam and Granite Quarries.
- Dendera: At the Temple of Hathor, see a rare depiction of Cleopatra and Caesarian.
- West Bank: See the Colossi of Memnon.
- Luxor: Visit a working bakery and witness local artisans making authentic Egyptian bread.
- Cruising: Join the fun at an Egyptian dinner and galabeya party, dressed in traditional Egyptian attire.
- Aswan: Follow the footsteps of Winston Churchill and Agatha Christie as you enjoy high tea in true colonial English-style at Aswan's famous Old Cataract Hotel, as the sun begins to set.
- Cairo: With your Egyptologist, gaze upon Tutankhamun's treasures at the Egyptian Musuem, gaze upon the most recognisable symbols of ancient Egypt: the full-faced funeral mask, gold coffin, gilded throne and precious jewellery – all treasures of Tutankhamun.
- Karnak: With your Egyptologist, stand amid a vast forest of columns in the largest temple complex known to man.
- West Bank: With an Egyptologist, visit the Temple Hatshepsut and royal tombs in the Valley of the Kings.
- Giza: With your Egyptologist, meet the enigmatic Sphinx and venture deep inside one of the pyramids, to the chambers where the Pharaohs went to meet their Gods in the afterlife.
Stay at the Best Addresses
- Cruising: Cruise the Nile in style, on-board your traditional Nile cruiser with its spacious cabins, bars, shops, lounge, restaurant and swimming pool.
- Cairo: The luxurious Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar El Khayyam Casino is conveniently located on Gezira Island in downtown Cairo. The central section was once the Gezirah Palace, built for the Khedive Isma'il Pasha in 1869.
Top Rated Highlights
- Giza: Be mesmerised by the Sound & Light Show at the Great Pyramids.
- Aswan: On-board a traditional Nile felucca, meet a sailor and learn the art of sailing this ancient Nile craft.
- Philae Island: As you journey by motorboat to Philae Island, witness the majestic Temple of Isis rising from the waters.
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.